ignite-user mailing list archives

From Mirko Raner <mi...@raner.ws>
Subject Re: Continuous SqlListQuery?
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:36:15 GMT
Thanks for the prompt reply, Val.
In short, I need a continuous SqlListQuery, but it looks like that is not
supported by Ignite at the moment.
We have a cache that consists of lots of rows and columns and we need to
extract a list of unique values for only a handful of fields. We would like
to use SqlListQuery because we're not interested in the entire rows (which
consist of 50+ fields in our case). We are using continuous queries to
stream updates to the client side (the continuous query is triggered by the
initial client request, not at start-up).
I already looked at some of the internal Ignite code, and it seems that type
conformance to Query<Cache.Entry&lt;K, V>> is only a superficial problem.
Providing a custom implementation of that interface will not solve my issue.
The real problem is that there is code in Ignite that performs instanceof
checks for specific query implementations (e.g., in IgniteCacheProxy), which
means that Ignite only supports query implementations that it knows.
So, my initial query wrapper idea is off the table. Do you have another
suggestion how we can execute continuous SQL queries that do not return
complete cache rows but only a few specific fields?