ignite-user mailing list archives

From Mirko Raner <mi...@raner.ws>
Subject Continuous SqlListQuery?
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:17:31 GMT
I noticed that continuous queries can only be configured for query types that
implement Query<Cache.Entry&lt;K, V>>, i.e. ScanQuery, TextQuery, and
SqlQuery.
We have the problem that we need to extract only one or two fields out of a
cache that has rather wide rows, so SqlQuery would return lots of
unnecessary columns for us, but SqlListQuery fits the bill.
Also, the architecture that we built on top of Ignite is built exclusively
with continuous queries in mind (in other words, a non-continuous query does
not fit nicely into our current model).
I'm relatively new to Ignite, so I'm wondering if this could be solved by
creating my own type of wrapper query that adapts SqlListQuery to
Query<Cache.Entry&lt;K, V>>, but I'm not sure how that would interact with
Ignite's query distribution and serialization.
Can someone confirm that this kind of approach could work, or if not,
suggest an alternative route?