ignite-user mailing list archives

From jonathon <jonathon.a.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: logging
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 18:47:05 GMT
Thank you, Val.

I'm still a little confused though. I wish to:

1) Instantiate my own LogBack logger "LB":

   org.slf4j.Logger LB = org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger("jonathon");

2) Start an ignite grid by specifying a Spring XML file:

   Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("ignite.xml");

3) Specify that my new grid use the log LB.

It seems that i can either:

a) Create an IgniteConfiguration, and set LB into it:

   IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();
   cfg.setLogger(new Slf4jLogger(LB));
   Ignition.start(cfg);

   But how then do i then load in my XML file? I see now IgniteCOnfiguration
constructor or method that allows me to supply the path to the Spring XML
file.

b) Specify that ignite uses a Sl4J logger in the Spring XML file:

      <property name="gridLogger">
         <bean class="org.apache.ignite.logger.slf4j.Slf4jLogger"/>
      </property>

    But then how do i connect this default constructed Slf4jLogger bean to
my own logger LB?

Hoping you can help me...

Jonathon