ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject scala.pickling and sql in Ignite
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:24:05 GMT
Hello all,

I have been thinking about the problem of having to rolling-restart an
Ignite cluster and how to avoid it - I think one of the solutions someone
proposed appeals to me - serializing and deserializing things from their
native Java/Scala representations into JSON stored in the cache and back.
If everything you are storing is JSON/text then there is no need to have
fat jars known to Ignite and hence no need to restart the cluster every
time an application gets updated.

I have chosen scala.pickling for the above task (

I am struggling to foresee how this would work with indexing and SQL in
Ignite - anyone has any ideas or experiences or input (before I spend the
weekend trying)? :)

View raw message