ignite-user mailing list archives

From jonathon <jonathon.a.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Topology Specification INI
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 15:00:57 GMT
Thank you, Artem, but this is still not working for me...

Note that i am working on an Apple Mac.

1) i don't see a $home/ignite-startNodes directory, nor a
$TMP/ignite-startNodes directory.
2) i created a ~/ignite-startNodes directory but it remains empty.
3) I notice that successful node startups (those spawned by my manually
running the ignite command form a terminal) create log files in the
but when my attempt to start a node from within visor (as described above)
fails, no log file is left behind in this directory either.
4) i tried copying my ignite.xml config into the the default-config.xml
file located int he $IGNITE_HOME/config directory in the hope that nodes
started form within visor would find it and so use the same config file as
visor itself, but,...no dice.
5) i tried supplying this default file to visor in its open command
too...still no luck.
6) and finally, i tried having both visor and the nodes being started using
the original default config file supplied with ignite...still no luck.
7) and another question: how does one specify
 a) where the 'work' directory should be created, and
 b) where to place the log files.

Many thanks, as always,