ignite-user mailing list archives

From Jonathon Bell <jonathon.a.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: logging
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 14:05:25 GMT
Yes, thanks, exactly what I needed. j

> On Jun 12, 2015, at 10:06 PM, Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Jonathon,
>
> IgniteMessaging facade can be created for a cluster group (see message(ClusterGroup grp)
method). So you can create a cluster group with only one receiver node and create IgniteMessaging
instance for this group. All messages sent through this instance will be sent to that node
only. The receiver node should have a listener for correct topic, of course.

> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> -Val
>
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Jonathon Bell <jonathon.a.bell@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have a question about the way the publish-subscribe topic based messaging system
is implemented in ignite.

>> I wish to send a large number of messages to n different tasks, each potentially
running on its own node. When sending each message, i know the exact unique task that should
receive it (so perhaps what i really want is a peer-to-peer model?). It occurs to me that
i can achieve this effect by establishing a distinct topic for each of the n receiving tasks,
and have the reciting task listening on its very own topic.

>> Will this approach scale? Is it reasonably efficient? May i assume that a message
M published for topic T is only transmitted across the network to those nodes that have ‚Äčexpressed
interest in topic T (which in my case would be just one node)?