ignite-user mailing list archives

From dsetrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is the Ignite equivalent of GridCacheProjection?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 01:24:52 GMT
William Kemper wrote
> In the GridGain API one could use a GridCacheProjection (
> http://doc.gridgain.org/latest/GridCacheProjection) to create a kind of
> 'view' of a cache. I don't see equivalent functionality in Ignite. I see
> that CacheInterceptor may be configured for a cache, but it does not seem
> to provide a 'view' into an existing cache in the same way a
> GridCacheProjection could.

One of the main reasons GridCacheProjection existed was because in GridGain
you could not transact across  different caches. Therefore, users were
forced to put different types of data into the same cache and then create
GridCacheProjections to have different views on the same cache.

In Ignite you can transact and query across multiple caches, so there is no
real need for a GridCacheProjection, since you can simply put different
types of data into different caches.

-----
D.