ignite-user mailing list archives

From hueb1 <eric...@finra.org>
Subject multicast help
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 19:25:04 GMT
Hi, I'm a newbie to Ignite and am just trying to get a cluster setup.  I have
an Amazon EMR cluster with a bootstrap action that installs Ignite on each
node and calls ignite/bin/ignite.sh on a sample configuration that uses the
TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder with default settings. I believe I have
TCP/UDP access between slaves and master node on my EMR cluster.  However
when I start up another node manually, it reports only two nodes in my
cluster (the two that are running on my master node) and doesn't seem to
auto-discover the nodes running on the EMR slave nodes.  I know there is an
S3 IpFinder but I don't have permissions to create dedicated S3 buckets to
anything right now so I can't use that.  However given that the nodes in my
EMR cluster have UDP access to each other, I would think that the default
multicast should work.  Am I missing a step somewhere?  I've attached the
sample config file I'm using. ignite-poc-config.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n568/ignite-poc-config.xml>