ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dabbo <darren.edmo...@spgroup.co.uk>
Subject Memory leak or mis-configured grid/Ignite cluster?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:09:04 GMT
*GridGain v6.5.5
Ignite v1.0.6
I have observed a potential memory leak problem in GridGain and later in
Ignite (Migrated over to Ignite in the hopes to resolve the issue, but

Our web server application creates an IgniteCompute task and once it has
completed, will return a byte[] representing zipped documents at around
~430mb.  The future listener attached the the task processes the result
successfully and everything appears normal.

After attempting to run this same task 2-3 times, the work node (cluster)
runs out of heap space.  I tried my best to hunt down where this memory leak
occurs and ensuring all objects are dereferenced within my code.  However,
it appears there is a byte[] object that grows within Ignite/GridGain for
each task that is processed.

YourKit profiler hinted:
org.apache.ignite.marshaller.optimized.OptimizedObjectOutputStream ->
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.io.GridUnsafeDataOutput -> byte[]

This was discovered by performing analysis on the worker node/cluster that
is performing the task and returning the result.  I guess it's some sort of
cached result?  I can't work out how to flush it or if it's a problem of the
way I have implemented Ignite into my application.

I have a memory snapshot available if this if required.

I'm not to sure what information you would need to start looking into this,
if you could let me know, I'll do my utmost to gather the details you
require to determine to cause of the heap usage.

Kind regards,