ignite-user mailing list archives

From fluffy <fhaf...@gmail.com>
Subject Closure method on a Cache Query
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 12:20:09 GMT
Using GridGain, I used to be able to associate a GridClosure method with a
GridCacheQuery. You could simply pass this Closure method into the
GridCacheQuery.execute() function and it would perform a function on each
cache element that matched the SQL query.

This basically consolidated a number of tasks:

- Instead of receiving entire objects from a query, a much smaller result
value was sent back to the node that initiated the query
- Allowed for the specification of some functionality within each Cache
Element rather than being a fairly dull data store
- Allowed for distributed processing of Cache Element information on the
node that each valid element existed before being aggregated/merged on the
calling node

I do not see this functionality as having been ported to the Ignite release.
At least not directly. Is there a way to do this in the current Ignite
version?

I was looking at either a ScanQuery or using the AffinityRun methods, but
the later don't seem to allow me to perform an SQL query first to limit the
Cache Elements....