ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About peer class loading
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 15:52:08 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 9:31 AM, tcostasouza <tcostasouza@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'm building a POC infrastructure based on Ignite and I'm currently
> deciding
> if peer class loading in a production environment is a good idea or not.
>
> If it's not enabled, the suggested strategy is to copy the jars do every
> single onde. So, my question is if Ignite monitors it's libs folder and
> update it's classpath at runtime or do I need to restart the node.

You can test this easily and as far as I can see it does not monitor the
ignite/lib for changes and it does not to automatic reloads. This is one
question that kind of screws it all up for production - imagine having a
large cluster that needs to be brought down and restarted after you copied
the jar around, each time you deploy a new version of an application.

Ognen