ignite-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From tcostasouza <tcostaso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce with external databases
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 12:04:41 GMT
Hello,

The second one, I would like to run map-reduce jobs with Ignite using data
currently stored in Cassandra and properly route that jobs to the hosts
holding the data?

Cheers!

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM Yakov Zhdanov [via Apache Ignite Users] <
ml-node+s70518n316h12@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if I understand you.
>
> I assume your primary data access point will be Ignite cache backed by
> Cassandra as persistent store. Is this the point?
>
> Or you want to run map-reduce jobs with Ignite using data currently stored
> in Cassandra and properly route that jobs to the hosts holding the data?
>
> --
> Yakov Zhdanov, Director R&D
> *GridGain Systems*
> www.gridgain.com
>
> 2015-05-18 14:49 GMT+03:00 tcostasouza <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=316&i=0>>:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> But isn't this tied to Ignite's cache? Wouldn't I need to cache the
>> external data first for this to work?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:56 AM dsetrakyan [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden
>> email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=315&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>>>  tcostasouza wrote
>>> Does it supports data collocated processing by overlaying ignite cluster
>>> with another storage cluster (i.e. Cassandra)?
>>>
>>> Yes, Ignite supports pluggable AffinityFunction
>>> <https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/AffinityFunction.html>
API
>>> which can be configured through CacheConfiguration.
>>>
>>> You should be able to create an implementation which will simply
>>> delegate to one of the Cassandra Partitioner implementations.
>>>
>>> Is this what you were looking for?
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>>> discussion below:
>>>
>>> http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/MapReduce-with-external-databases-tp311p312.html
>>>  To unsubscribe from MapReduce with external databases, click here.
>>> NAML
>>> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> View this message in context: Re: MapReduce with external databases
>> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/MapReduce-with-external-databases-tp311p315.html>
>>
>> Sent from the Apache Ignite Users mailing list archive
>> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/> at Nabble.com.
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
>
> http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/MapReduce-with-external-databases-tp311p316.html
>  To unsubscribe from MapReduce with external databases, click here
> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=311&code=dGNvc3Rhc291emFAZ21haWwuY29tfDMxMXwtMTI3MjQ2NDcyNQ==>
> .
> NAML
> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>




--
View this message in context: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/MapReduce-with-external-databases-tp311p317.html
Sent from the Apache Ignite Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Mime
View raw message