ignite-user mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timeouts possibly due to GC
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 09:07:40 GMT
Ognen, this message is output by Discovery SPI in case if it has not
received ack for discovery message from peer node. This may be caused by:
1. (most probably) GC pause on peer
2. network problem, esp if you are running in virtual env
3. (less probably) - by extremely high network and/or CPU utilization

By the way, we revised defaults for timeouts in discovery and will release
that change within sprint-5. We tested new values and they allow faster
failure detection.

If you want to try before please configure (for details on configuration
parameters please refer to javadoc):

        <property name="discoverySpi">
                <property name="ackTimeout" value="50"/>
                <property name="socketTimeout" value="200"/>
                <property name="heartbeatFrequency" value="100"/>

> Hello, what does a message like the below mean? Is it telling me that the
> client that is using a cache is timing out? Or is it a problem with the
> cache engine itself?
> Thanks!
> Ognen
> [10:42:47,317][WARNING][tcp-disco-msg-worker-#5%null][TcpDiscoverySpi]
> Timed out waiting for message delivery receipt (most probably, the reason
> is in long GC pauses on remote node; consider tuning GC and increasing
> 'ackTimeout' configuration property). Will retry to send message with
> increased timeout. Current timeout: 5000.

View raw message