ignite-user mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce with external databases
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 12:04:01 GMT
I am not sure if I understand you.

I assume your primary data access point will be Ignite cache backed by
Cassandra as persistent store. Is this the point?

Or you want to run map-reduce jobs with Ignite using data currently stored
in Cassandra and properly route that jobs to the hosts holding the data?

--
Yakov Zhdanov, Director R&D
*GridGain Systems*

> Hello!
>
> But isn't this tied to Ignite's cache? Wouldn't I need to cache the
> external data first for this to work?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:56 AM dsetrakyan [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden
> email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=315&i=0>> wrote:
>
>>  tcostasouza wrote
>> Does it supports data collocated processing by overlaying ignite cluster
>> with another storage cluster (i.e. Cassandra)?
>>
>> Yes, Ignite supports pluggable AffinityFunction
>> <https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/AffinityFunction.html>
API