ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vlady...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure H2 indexing spi?
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 06:44:47 GMT
Romian,

First thank you for the clarification. Secondly, when do you need to index
> the key.

Please read carefully javadoc for CacheConfiguration.setIndexedTypes
method. It is not just an array of indexed types, it is a array of
key-value type pairs. This pair is needed to construct SQL table correctly
(Ignite allows you to expose SQL fields for key as well as for value).

> For example if I do a cache.get(myKey) do you use the indexing part
> for that?

Operation cache.get(key) has nothing to do with indexes.

> In my case key are just opaque identifier where only its has and its equals
> are important / relevant.

Since indexes are sorted data structures and key is always indexed it is
preferable to implement Comparable for key as well.
The same for any other indexed fields.

Sergi