ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Discovery via a shared database instead of multicast or seed IPs
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 07:42:36 GMT
Many of our applications are 5-15 nodes, not 100s. They have shared
databases which are highly available and our customers are well versed at
their care and feeding. Looks like the out of the box options for Ignite
discovery are multicast, seed IPs, or EC2 (not applicable). I was hoping to
find a JDBC discovery mechanism as well. Since we always have an HA
database that is a "shared" artifact in our architecture, it would be nice
to remove the configuration of Ignite discovery and just let it use some
table with the IPs, ports, and heartbeats of all of the nodes in the
topology (or at least some seed ones). Then I would only have to configure
the database URL (which I'm already doing) and wouldn't need to complicate
things further with IP addresses or multicast.

Is this possible today? I see TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder
<https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/discovery/tcp/ipfinder/jdbc/TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder.html>,
is that what I'm looking for? Anyone have an example of how to use it?

This post is migrated from Apache Ignite forum on readme.io (no longer
active)