ignite-user mailing list archives

From dsetrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automatically Persisted Queue
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 03:27:38 GMT
Isaeed Mohanna wrote
> I know its possible to define persistence for a cache into a database
> however i do not want to introduce a new database in my landscape so i am
> looking for a simple approach to persist my incoming data into disk.
> 1. Is there a way to configure Ignite cache to be automatically stored
> into disk by ignite?
> 2. Any persisted queue solution that you can recommend for use with
> ignite?

The automatic local disk persistence is not available out of the box in
Ignite (to my knowledge it is available in GridGain as enterprise feature).

However, you can still use CacheStore. From Ignite standpoint, CacheStore
does not have to be a database, it could be anything, including a file
system, to which you wish to persist the data. My advise would be to either
provide your own CacheStore implementation, or use CacheJdbcBlobStore if you
don't mind plugging in any type of local JDBC database.

On startup you can use IgniteCache.loadCache() method to load the cache from
database. This method will delegate to CacheStore.loadCache() for which you
can provide your own logic to control the data loading routine.