ignite-user mailing list archives

From dsetrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IgniteCache.close() deletion behavior
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 21:46:56 GMT
This has been a tricky point, as there is also another javadoc for
CacheManager.destroyCache() method which states that it is equivalent to
calling Cache.clear() and then Cache.close(). In this context, method
Cache.close() should destroy the cache.

However, given the ambiguity in the spec, we should take the approach of
least surprise and have close() method release all the resources without
deleting the whole cache. Looks like Alexey has already filed a ticket for
it which should not be hard to fix:

augustus.thoo wrote
> If this is true, this behavior has far-reaching impact in production
> environment.
>
> Is there a way for server or admin to ignore or block any deletion calls
> from client nodes? I would like a way to configure the cache to be sticky
> in the grid so long as the configuration stays in the XML.

Well, even in the absence of the "close" method, you still have
Cache.remove(...) and Cache.clear(...) methods. Are you trying to disable
all cache updates and deletes altogether?

D.