ignite-user mailing list archives

From dsetrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite Plugin development ...
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 21:39:09 GMT
myset wrote
> Please give us some additional samples (design patterns) in order to
> develop apache-ignite plugins.
> What kind of plugin should I can develop on it (security, compression,
> communication so.) ?

You should implement plugins if you would like to enhance Ignite public APIs
with additional functionality (see GridGain enterprise edition). For
example, plugin can be used for adding security or, maybe, data compression.

However, if you need to change the underlying behavior without affecting the
public API, you should look at the Ignite SPIs, and provide your own SPI
implementation. For example, if you need to change the communication
protocol, you can plugin your own version of the Communication SPI.

There are also other pluggable components in Ignite, such as Marshaller,
Logger, LifecycleBean, etc. that you can easily customize without
implementing plugins or SPIs.

myset wrote
> I documented myself using ignite API and some internet samples (Security
> Plugin -
> http://smartkey.co.uk/development/securing-an-apache-ignite-cluster/).
>
> API for plugins is stable?

The APIs for plugins are stable. There was a slight change in APIs when we
moved from RC3 to the 1.0 release. Starting with 1.0 release, the APIs are
stable.

myset wrote
> Thank you all for your great work.

Thanks for all your feedback! It really helps us improve the product and
provide better experience to our users.