ignite-user mailing list archives

From pgarg <pg...@gridgain.com>
Subject Ignite Cluster Communication with SSH Tunnels
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 19:30:11 GMT
/asked by jake waffle/

My team is interested in having our Ignite cluster communicate on the
loopback through ssh tunnels. We want the cluster to think that each node
exists on the loopback essentially, but in reality the ssh tunnels will
forward the packets to various machines.

So far, it seems that Ignite will first talk through the ssh tunnels for
establishing connections, but then Ignite will start sending packets
directly to each other. The first node's discovery spi is set to the default
(multicast) and the second (joining) node uses a static ip discovery that
points to the ssh tunnel on the loopback.

Is there a way to get this to work through Ignite configurations? Is the
AddressResolver a possible option? I know that Ignite supports SSL, but we
have our reasons for doing things this way.

-----
/This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss/