ignite-user mailing list archives

From pgarg <pg...@gridgain.com>
Subject Using existing server in a compute grid
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 18:27:14 GMT
/asked by hamid moazed/

I have an application, a server which partially acts as a datastore. I run
many instances of this server and wish do implement a distributed query.

First, I have gotten it to work by: having a small standalone program that
uses Ignite to distribute a query using a webmethod that connects to
localhost in each machine and does a query. If I set PeerClassLoadingEnabled
to true in my code that works fine, but I don't know what jars I need to
copy to where to get it to work on the remote nodes. The remote nodes run a
very small program that simply does an Ignite.start(cfg); I did read in the
docs that I need to put all required jars in lib/ directory, where should
this lib directory be? In the classpath?

The second problem I have is I would like to integrate Ignite with my
server, meaning to have Ignite distribute the query call within the same JVM
as my server, and I want to be able to call methods in my server directly
instead of through a web method call. When I try I get a Caused by:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.foo.bar.Server.$deserializeLambda$(java.lang.invoke.SerializedLambda)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-----
/This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss/