ignite-user mailing list archives

From pgarg <pg...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 06:31:12 GMT
/commented by dmitriy setrakyan/

Between RC3 and the 1.0.0 release we were adding ways to simplify
configuration. The changes to the API are not big, but /queries/ and
/streaming/ were affected (I should say simplified) probably the most.

1. /CacheQueryConfiguration/ is simply not needed anymore.
2. Please refer to  CacheQueryExample
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheQueryExample.java>

for all the query examples and configuration.

We have also added many interesting features, such as:

1. Added automatic aggregation, grouping, and sorting support to SQL
queries.
2. Added dynamic caches, i.e. ability to start and stop caches during
runtime.
3. Added /Ignition.setClientMode(...)/ method to easily separate between
client and data nodes.

Please post here if you encounter any difficulties with the API and we will
do our best to help you.

-----
/This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss/