ignite-user mailing list archives

From pgarg <pg...@gridgain.com>
Subject Performance of OR queries
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 23:47:47 GMT
/asked by john smith/

This is a fact...

OR queries are very slow with cache.query(). It has to do with how H2 and
indexes work. If you use UNION rather then OR, queries with cache.query will
be super fast!

It was driving me nuts. I double triple checked my cache config made sure
that I had indexing on my model etc...

Then I remebered that Ignite uses H2 as it's indexing mechanism so I read
around H2 performance and they indicated to use UNION rather then OR

Cross your fingers trying to index 50,000,000 plus on the grid and query
against it :P

-----
/This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss/