ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION][IEP-39] Management API to cancel user provided tasks and queries.
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2020 09:07:29 GMT
Folks,

Shouldn't we unify identifiers for all ongoing tasks in Ignite and move
cancel to a single method in a single bean?

Right now different types of IDs (long, UUID, IgniteUuid) look confusing
and messy. I understand that such API is enforced by the IDs implementation
in the corresponding Ignite subsystems. However, given that lately we
developed a unified approach to metrics and system views with Nikolay's
help, shouldn't we take one more step forward and unify this part as well?