ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IGNITE-12361 Migrate Flume module to ignite-extensions
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:26:45 GMT
Saikat,

Code-wise the PR looks ok because it basically moves the module to another
repo. I have some infrastructure/process questions though before we merge
the PRs
 * I see that there are some objections from Alexey Zinoviev [1] on whether
the streaming modules should be placed in extensions or in a separate
streaming project. Sorry if I missed the corresponding discussion on the
dev-list. If there is one, we need to edit the IEP page, if not, I think we
should come to a consensus before making this change
 * When are we planning to release the extensions? Are we going to release
them one-by-one incrementally or do we want to release them in one batch?
 * Now that the release lifecycle of Ignite and extensions is split, we
need to understand how this is going to be tested. Will we run a candidate
Ignite build against already released extensions? What if we make changes
to both Ignite and an extension? Is it even allowed, or do we need to wait
for an Ignite release before making any changes in an extension?
 * I think there should be some sort of compatibility matrix now that
releases of Ignite and extensions are separated

I would not delete the extension from Ignite codebase until we agree on the
points above.

Would you mind taking care of the discussion about it and formalizing it on
the wiki?