ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question: Node filter for Lock/Semaphore
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2020 17:09:59 GMT
Vladimir,

In theory, we can add node filter for the corresponding atomics system
cache in AtomicConfiguration. In practice, I do not see how this is useful
unless you limit the node filter to a single node. A lock/semaphore is
represented by a single cache key, so it cannot be collocated with more
than one node. In your example this would mean that all but one services
would work with a non-collocated instance of Lock. The difference would
become substantial if you used millions instances of Locks.

As a separate note - usually it's better off using pessimistic transactions
than locks for obvious reasons.