ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Nikolay Izhikov <nizhi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Internal classes are exposed in public API
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:53:59 GMT
Alexey.

I answered to your examples and issues you provide.
But, it seems the discussion of the API and the Java code itself is not the goal of this thread
anymore.

> Should we provide a way to know the number of metrics and registries in advance?

No.
If you think this is the real use-as let’s add `size` methods.
It will be the simple API *extension*.

> There is no separation on public and internal metrics

Any metric can be changed(removed) in any time.
But we will try not to do it unless we have a strong reason.

> Will we allow users to register their own metrics?

No.

> It's still not clear how a user will map old interfaces and methods to the new metric
names.

We should write this information in the deprecation message.