ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Pavlukhin <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When Cache Metrics are switched on (statisticsEnabled = true) the empty cache events arrive to the client nodes
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:18:34 GMT
Hi Roman,

Thank you for reporting this! I looked into and on my machine I was
able to receive events on client-handler node but exception occurred
in the local listener! In a following line:
System.out.println("Received  event [evt=" + evt.name() + ",
cacheName=" + evt.cacheName() + ", key=" + evt.key().toString());

This indeed looks like a weird bug. Event appears broken after
deserialization on a listener side after it is received from a server.

пт, 13 дек. 2019 г. в 12:24, <Roman.Koriakov@t-systems.com>:

> Hi Community,
>
> I’d like to ask you about the following behavior of Apache Ignite:
>

> If we want to react on some PUT or READ cache operations first of all we need to turn
on the appropriate cache events on the server node and catch those events on the client nodes
using remote approach with two listeners. It works well until we switch on statisticsEnabled
on the server node, it will lead to the situation when we get empty CacheEvent objects.

> The example that demonstrates this issue is in the attachments. This example is consists
of three nodes:  1 server node with cache and 2 clients.  One client is filling the cache
and the second one is listening PUT operations. When we turn on Cache Metrics on the server
node: cacheConfig.setStatisticsEnabled(true); in EventServerCache.java we get empty events
(Sometimes CacheEvent objects with null fields. Sometimes there are no events at all)

> My suppose is there is some Exception in GridCacheEventManager.addEvent() when Cache
Metrics is turned on.

> catch (Exception e) {
>   if (!cctx.cacheObjectContext().kernalContext().cacheObjects().isBinaryEnabled(cctx.config()))
>     throw e;  if (log.isDebugEnabled())
>      log.debug("Failed to unmarshall cache object value for the event notification: "
+ e);

>   if (!forceKeepBinary)
>     LT.warn(log, "Failed to unmarshall cache object value for the event notification
" +
>              "(all further notifications will keep binary object format).");
>
>   forceKeepBinary = true;
>
>   key0 = cctx.cacheObjectContext().unwrapBinaryIfNeeded(key, true, false);
>
>   val0 = cctx.cacheObjectContext().unwrapBinaryIfNeeded(newVal, true, false);
>
>   oldVal0 = cctx.cacheObjectContext().unwrapBinaryIfNeeded(oldVal, true, false);
>
> }
>
> Can public this point in JIRA?
>
> Best regards,
>
> T-Systems RUS