ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Contribution page & easy/moderate tickets for newcomers
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2019 21:06:47 GMT
Ignite,

I've done a major overhaul of our contribution page that promotes
involvement in Ignite development:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html

Many sections were simplified, some legacy stuff was removed and I'll
appreciate if some of you check the page and advise further improvements.

Apart from that, one of the sections (Pick a Ticket) lists of  easy and
moderate tickets
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newbie)%20and%20status%20%3D%20OPEN>
for
newcomers. I do believe that the list needs to be reviewed. Could each of
you recall any tickets of easy/moderate complexity that are still pending
but will be great to implement? Put the "newbie" label for those and
mention "component". I've already highlighted some of the components on the
webpage (ML, SQL, platforms) and we can expand the list.

Thanks!

-
Denis