ignite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with replicated cache
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2019 19:41:55 GMT
Let me loop in the Ignite dev list as long as I've not heard about such an
issue. Personally, don't see any misconfiguration in your Ignite config.

-
Denis


On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 10:17 AM Prasad Bhalerao <
prasadbhalerao1983@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used cache.remove(key) method to delete an entry from cache.
>
> Basically I  was not getting the consistent result on subsequent  API
> calls with the same input.
>
> So I used grid gain console to query the cache. I executed the SQL on
> single node at a time.
> While doing this I found data only on node n1. But same entry was not
> present on nodes n2,n3,n4.
>
> Thanks,
> Prasad
>
>
>
>
> On Thu 26 Dec, 2019, 11:09 PM Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Hello Prasad,
>>
>> What APIs did you use to remove the entry from the cache and what method
>> did you use to confirm that the entry still exists on some of the nodes?
>>
>> -
>> Denis
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 8:54 AM Prasad Bhalerao <
>> prasadbhalerao1983@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using ignite 2.6.0 version and the time out settings are as follows.
>>>
>>> IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();
>>> cfg.setFailureDetectionTimeout(120000);
>>> cfg.setNetworkTimeout(10000);
>>> cfg.setClientFailureDetectionTimeout(120000);
>>>
>>> I have 4 server nodes (n1,n2,n3,n4) and 6 client nodes. I am using a
>>> replicated cache and cache configuration is as shown below.
>>> As you can see write-through is false, read through is true and write
>>> synchronization mode is FULL_SYNC.
>>>
>>> I got an issue, a network entry was removed from network cache but some
>>> how it was removed from only 3 server nodes (n2,n3,n4). I was able to see
>>> the network entry on node n1 consistently for a day(when it was removed).
>>> So I checked the logs for any errors/warnings but I could not find any.
>>> I did not see any segmentation issue in logs, looked like cluster was in
>>> healthy state.
>>> When I checked the cache after 2 days, I could not find that entry.
>>> Cache was in a state as it was supposed to be.  Servers were  not stopped
>>> and restarted during this whole time.
>>>
>>> Some how I am not able to reproduce this issue on dev env.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to investigate/debug this issue? Can someone please
>>> advise?
>>>
>>> private CacheConfiguration networkCacheCfg() {
>>>   CacheConfiguration networkCacheCfg = new CacheConfiguration<>(CacheName.NETWORK_CACHE.name());
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.ATOMIC);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setWriteThrough(false);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setReadThrough(true);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setRebalanceMode(CacheRebalanceMode.ASYNC);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setWriteSynchronizationMode(CacheWriteSynchronizationMode.FULL_SYNC);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setBackups(this.backupCount);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setCacheMode(CacheMode.REPLICATED);
>>>   Factory<NetworkDataCacheLoader> storeFactory = FactoryBuilder.factoryOf(NetworkDataCacheLoader.class);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setCacheStoreFactory(storeFactory);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setIndexedTypes(DefaultDataAffinityKey.class, NetworkData.class);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setSqlIndexMaxInlineSize(65);
>>>   RendezvousAffinityFunction affinityFunction = new RendezvousAffinityFunction();
>>>   affinityFunction.setExcludeNeighbors(true);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setAffinity(affinityFunction);
>>>   networkCacheCfg.setStatisticsEnabled(true);
>>>
>>>   return networkCacheCfg;
>>> }
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> PRasad
>>>
>>>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message