ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Maitra <saikat.mai...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2019 02:44:44 GMT
Hello,

We wanted to discuss on a proposal to move and support the Apache Ignite
integrations as separate Ignite Extensions as discussed here
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Pub-Sub-Streamer-Implementation-td43944.html
.

The reason we wanted to move our Apache Ignite integration as  separate
Extensions is this will help us to manage and maintain separate lifecycle
for Apache Ignite integrations.

All the integrations will continue to be part of ASF and we will  keep
supporting and developing in accordance with ASF vision and practices.

We are considering following two choices for moving to Apache Ignite
Extensions:

1. Reach out to Apache Bahir community and propose to make Ignite
Extensions a separate module as part of Apache Bahir project.

https://bahir.apache.org/

https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces96

2. Reach out to Apache Incubator community and request for a new project
for Ignite Extensions.

Please review and share feedback on our proposal.

Warm Regards,
Saikat