ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Maitra <saikat.mai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2019 02:51:47 GMT
Hello Denis, Dmitriy

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking when a new repo is created that
will not mean that the project will undergo Incubator process , Is
this correct?

We actually want to just take few of our integrations and release them
separately as part of this new git repository. We will continue to keep the
release group name and artifact name same.

I will definitely help drive the initiative to migrate our integrations
into this new Ignite Extension repo.

I seek help from our community to propose new name for Ignite Extension
repository.

Some ideas, I have are as follows:

   - ignite-extensions
   - ignite-sidecar
   - ignite-ext
   - ignite-connectors

Regards,
Saikat

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 4:06 PM Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> any PMC member can create repository here
> https://selfserve.apache.org/
>
> We just need to select repo names in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dmitriy Pavlov
>
> пт, 25 окт. 2019 г. в 23:57, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:
>
> > Saikat, sounds great.
> >
> > As long as you're already driving this initiative, could you please check
> > with ASF Infra how to put this approach in place? Will we be able to
> create
> > several additional repositories for extensions and release them as part
> of
> > the Ignite project?
> >

> > -
> > Denis
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 7:18 PM Saikat Maitra <saikat.maitra@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Denis,
> > >
> > > Yes, I see it now as I think more about it, I like option - 0. I am
> > > thinking from a new member and a contributor perspective for Ignite
> > > project, I would very much like my PR and proposal to be accepted
> within
> > > Ignite community.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Saikat