ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2019 19:41:53 GMT
Hi, Saikat, Alexey,

Actually we have 3 ways to solve it.
0. placing integration in a separate module within space of Apache Ignite
1. Apache Bahir
2. Apache Incubator

I'm not sure if option 2 is the best one since it is more about building a
new community around Ignite Extensions, it may be tricky.

But 0 and 1 seem to be perfectly OK.

And I like option 1 most since it is very natural to move Ignite-Kafka,
Ignite-Camel to a separate project specially intended for integration.

So if we stay with option 1 I would be glad to help. Count on my support
within the migration to Apache Bahir. Inter-project interaction and
integration are usually welcomed in the ASF.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov