ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting involved in Apache Ignite
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2019 18:30:33 GMT
Emmanouil,

Thanks for reaching us out! It's great to have you as a contributor to
Ignite. More integrations with the cloud ecosystem is an invaluable
addition to the project. Ping me or anybody else within the community if
you have any challenges with Ignite internals.

Please feel free to start a dev list discussion explaining the
integration in detail. Once everybody is on the same page you can proceed
with a ticket creation and carry on with the development ;) One thing to
note, before we tended to add all the integrations into Ignite primary
repository and release bundle, this approach doesn't scale well and is not
sustainable as long as Ignite is getting enormous, it's difficult to update
and release integrations independently, versions conflicts, etc. Thus, the
community is planning to proceed with the modularization:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-36%3A+Modularization

Your integrations can triggethe r decoupling of AWS and GCE specifics from
the Ignite core into separate modules. Those modules still will be part of
ASF and belong the o Ignite community but to be stored separately and can
always be released independently.

What's your thinking?

-
Denis