ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Gkatziouras <gkatzio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting involved in Apache Ignite
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2019 14:03:20 GMT
Denis,

First I would like to apologise If I created any confusion by creating a
JIRA ticket since I read your email afterwards.
By reading your reply I closed the ticket in order to proceed on starting a
dev list discussion as advised.

I read the Modularization plan and therefore I am more than happy to
contribute the way the community reckons as best.

As a user having AWS and GCE decoupled makes it easier to contribute and to
adopt.
Also It seems that It will help in order to support (in a flexible way)
other cloud offerings such as Azure, IBM Cloud etc.

I suppose the next actions on my side would be

- Staring a discussion on the Pub/Sub feature on the dev list. I suppose
the title `[DISCUSS] Pub/Sub Streamer Implementation` is ok
- Proceed on the ticket creation once the discussion comes to a consensus.
- Implement the Pub/Sub streamer as a separate project based on the
guidelines described on the `Requirements and Installation` section of the
Modularization IEP
- The development of the feature should be done with respect to the
Development Process
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process.

My next question has to do with the Pub/Sub feature and the modularization
of the Cloud Providers.

- Should the Modularization of the Cloud Providers take place before the
Pub/Sub feature discussion/implementation?
- Would you like me to spawn a discussion on this, provided the community
doesn't have something already in the pipeline (my search on this was not
successful)

Kind regards,

*Emmanouil Gkatziouras*
https://egkatzioura.com/ | https://www.linkedin.com/in/gkatziourasemmanouil/