ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 2.8 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:18:20 GMT
Maxim,

>> From my point, if some components will not be ready by
>> previously discussed `scope freeze` date it is absolutely OK to
>> perform the next (e.g. 2.8.1, 2.8.2) releases.

It is good approach if partial implemented features aren't merged to
master branch. Unfortunately this is not our case.

I don't see any reasons to force new Apache Ignite release. Time is
not driver for release. If we want release Ignite periodically we must
significantly review the process. And most valuable change in this
process is feature branches that will not block new release by design.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 8:12 PM Andrey Gura <agura@apache.org> wrote:

> >> From my point of view monitoring isn't ready for release.
>
> > Can you clarify, what exactly is not ready?
> > Can we track planned changes somehow?
>
> We have too many not resolved tickets under IEP-35 label [1]. Also it
> makes sense to do some usability testing: JMX beans interfaces, system
> views, etc.
>

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20IEP-35
>
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 6:04 PM Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, Andrey.
> >
> > > From my point of view monitoring isn't ready for release.
> >
> > Can you clarify, what exactly is not ready?
> > Can we track planned changes somehow?
> >

> > В Пн, 23/09/2019 в 17:59 +0300, Andrey Gura пишет:
> > > Igniters,
> > >
> > > From my point of view monitoring isn't ready for release. So it would
> > > be great to return to this discussion later. It seems that beginning
> > > of November is good time for it.

October.

Slack chat

What exactly