ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed Release: 2.7.7 = 2.7.6 + ML + extra fixed bugs
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2019 22:42:15 GMT
Igniters,

2.8 release cycle can last for many months due to a number of issues and
regressions we need to address. It can easily slip to the next year,
especially considering the holiday season. An alternate solution can be a
series of Ignite 2.7.x releases that are becoming more hardened with each
version and go with a small and manageable changeset. For instance, ML and
Thin Clients optimizations with fixes for newly discovered critical issues
can be released in 2.7.7 and 2.7.8.

As for 2.8, what exactly are we planning to release there?

-
Denis

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:43 AM Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org> wrote:

> Start of December for 2.8 sounds good.
>
> В Ср, 18/09/2019 в 13:38 +0300, Alexey Zinoviev пишет:
> > Sounds good for me, I will be ready to release ML module till 1 December
> > (end of September is not appropriate for ML module due to known issues
> and
> > bugs)
> > If the whole Ignite could be released to this date I will be happy in
> > another case I suggest the minor release by the formula mentioned above.
> >
> > Let's ask another module maintainers here?
> >
> > ср, 18 сент. 2019 г. в 13:00, Maxim Muzafarov <mmuzaf@apache.org>:
> >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > Agree, we should start a discussion about releasing Apache Ignite 2.8
> > > version right after 2.7.6 will be announced.
> > > Am I missing something?

> > > shortly(end of September of similar)

> release of
> > >
> > > chance to