ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Antonov <antonovserge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Single point in API for changing cluster state.
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2019 17:35:16 GMT
Maxim,

> I think from the user point the INACTIVE -> READ-ONLY transition [1]
should be allowed prior to adding a new `state` command [2] to avoid
unnecessary error messages.
Yes. I plan complete both tickets till the code freeze of 2.8 release.

>   I also think we can avoid the word 'set` in this command.
I don't think so. We already have command control.sh --state command for
getting current state. I think we shouldn't "overload" commands in
control.sh.

> What about cluster deactivation confirmation? Will it be used for all the
cluster state changes?
Yes. I think we should confirm any cluster state transition.

--
BR, Sergey Antonov