ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Muzafarov <mmu...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Ignite 2.8 RELEASE [Time, Scope, Manager]
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:44:31 GMT
Igniters,

It's almost a year has passed since the last major Apache Ignite 2.7
has been released. We've accumulated a lot of performance improvements
and a lot of new features which are waiting for their release date.
Here is my list of the most interesting things from my point since the
last major release:

Service Grid,
Monitoring,
Recovery Read
BLT auto-adjust,
PDS compression,
WAL page compression,
Thin client: best effort affinity,
Thin client: transactions support (not yet)
SQL query history
SQL statistics

I think we should no longer wait and freeze the master branch anymore
and prepare the next major release by the end of the year.

I propose to discuss Time, Scope of Apache Ignite 2.8 release and also
I want to propose myself to be the release manager of the planning
release.

Scope Freeze: November 4, 2019
Code Freeze: November 18, 2019
Voting Date: December 10, 2019