ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Павлухин Иван <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing NodeFilter functionality with label approach
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2019 11:46:35 GMT
Alexey,

It seems that a problem has a solution with using 2 attributes or 2
labels. Is not it more clear than using custom code?

Folks,

> I don't think we should take "hard to implement" as an argument in this discussion :)
Did not fully get the point. KISS principle is not true anymore? Or is
this discussion somehow special? I believe that every flexibility
handle should be critically justified. Would be great to justify
NodeFilter flexibility.

> Filters based of hostname or ip address.
Is it a good idea to use IP address for node filtering? IP can be
changed for a node with persistence, does it mean that not relevant
data (according to a filter) should be cleared, does it work now?

And there is also one idea (I am not fan of it but still). Can we use
some kind of scripting for nodes filtering? In that case node filter
is represented by script string, e.g. javascript.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin