ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Darlington <stephen.darling...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Replacing default work dir from tmp to current dir
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:44:49 GMT
Yes, when data is a stake, fail early is the absolutely the right thing to do.

Regards,
Stephen

files will be stored: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store
> However, even if you have set all path options (storage, WAL, WAL archive), Ignite will
still store crucial metadata in resolved work directory (java.io.tmpdir by default). Example
is binary metadata files, absence of which can make your data unavailable.

> I propose to fail Ignite node in case neither IGNITE_HOME nor IgniteConfiguration#igniteWorkDir
is set. It's better to let user know about missing configuration options during startup than
let OS corrupt storage by cleaning temp dirs.

> Thoughts?
>
> Best Regards,
> Ivan Rakov
>
> On 12.08.2019 18:10, Anton Kalashnikov wrote:
>> Hello, Igniters.
>>
>> Currently, in the case, when work directory wasn't set by user ignite can resolve
it to tmp directory which leads to some problem - tmp directory can be cleared at some unexpected
moment by operation system and different types of critical data would be lost(ex. binary_meta,
persistance data).

>> Looks like it is not expected behaviour and maybe it is better instead of tmp directory
use the current working directory("user.dir")? Or any other idea?