ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clean up of our PRs and IEPs before 2019
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:28:14 GMT
Hi Alexey,

second need it to check all open PRs from community members for fixes,
which could be merged to Ignite codebase.

Which is why I'm not so sure that we should automatically close. I ask
everyone to close their PRs, and I manually double-check PRs remained
opened.

The third need is to automatically tests all opened PRs and provide visas
to every PR we have. In case we have PRs with 0 blockers we should take it
into review process. No all newcomers aware of TC Bot, so I would like to
automate this process as much as possible.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 12:22, Alexey Zinoviev <zaleslaw.sin@gmail.com>:

> The long period totally reduces the discontent and outrage of community
> members (if you reduce to 2-6 weeks it could be intersected with human
> events of most part of contributors like vacation, birthdays, wedding, spam
> filters and etc.), believe me (I have the same experience as I mentioned)
>
> From the other hand, what the real reason to reduce it to the shorter
> period? Bot needs? Robot needs?
> Robot could wait, I hope:)
>
> чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 14:08, Павлухин Иван <vololo100@gmail.com>:
>
> > Alexey,
> >
> > Yep, I imagined a similar procedure in my mind. Just curious, why do
> > you think that a period before actions are taken should be so long
> > (3-6 months)?.
> >
> > чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 11:55, Alexey Zinoviev <zaleslaw.sin@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > Dear Igniters, I have one suggestion
> > >
> > > If a most of commiters will support idea of automatic "cleaning", we
> > should
> > > provide next options
> > >
> > >    - declare a long period for putting labels or leaving comments for
> > >    useful PRs from their authors (about 3-6 months)
> > >    - generate notifications for all authors of all PRs with
> clarification
> > >    of our goals
> > >    - every month reminder in dev-list and via e-mail to each PR's
> author
> > >
> > > The best way, of course, the closing by our hands in each module and
> area
> > > with tags "obsolete" or something else.
> > >
> > > P.S. I was in the same situation in Open Street Map community and the
> > > principles for automated cleaning were the same like suggested by
> myself
> > > above
> > >
> > > I hope that we will be careful with our community

PR

пишет:

> slowed
> > down

> [...]