ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discussion] using custom build of H2 for Ignite
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2019 16:26:28 GMT
Hi Denis,

As you know, some time ago I've started a discussion about removing
dependence from gridgain:shmem. Ignite community seems to be not so much
interested in this removal, for now. So once added it could stay here
forever. Reverse dependency direction seems to be more natural. It is like
the open-core model.

I feel more comfortable if all Ignite dependencies are released as part of
the Ignite code base, or some open governed project with a license from
Category A https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html.

It is true that H2 has Category B license, so derivative can't be committed
into ASF repository.

What if we consult with legal@apache.org to find additional ways to donate
forked version into ASF codebase? We anyway need their approval because
gridgain/h2 has a non-standard license, so we should approve including
non-standard licensed component it the product.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov