ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Fedotov <ivanan...@gmail.com>
Subject Test naming on TC JUnit 5
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:09:52 GMT
Hi, igniters!

In the context of IEP-30 and IGNITE-10958 in particular [1], the JUnit5
tests are going to appear in master.

During migration Ignite on JUnit5 I faced that the test naming will be
changed.
The names are different, in the version before path consists from "path to
suite: path to test" [2] and in the version after just "path to test" [3].
I want to inform you that it will lead to obsolete current history for some
tests: see tests with label "History for base branch is absent" [4]. It
means that TC bot shows those tests as blockers because of a different
name, but indeed tests were red on JUnit 4 version also. After some time in
the new version of JUnit we will get a history for mentioned tests again.

Do have some of us have questions/comments according to migration?

[2]
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/project.html?tab=testDetails&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=%3Cdefault%3E&projectId=IgniteTests24Java8&testNameId=680055112352967935&page=1
[3]
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/project.html?projectId=IgniteTests24Java8&testNameId=8375541702052870683&branch=%3Cdefault%3E&tab=testDetails&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=__all_branches__