ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Ignite 3.0 and to be removed list
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2019 23:00:22 GMT
Alex, Igniters, sorry for a delay. Got swamped with other duties.

Does it wait till the next week? I'll make sure to dedicate some time for
that. Or if we'd like to run faster then I'll appreciate if someone else
steps in and prepares a list this week. I'll help to review and solidify it.

-
Denis

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 7:58 AM Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Denis,
>
> Are we ready to present the list to the user list?
>
> вт, 2 июл. 2019 г. в 00:27, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:
>
> > I wouldn't kick off dozens of voting discussions. Instead, the content on
> > the wiki page needs to be cleaned and rearranged. This will make the
> > content readable and comprehensible. I can do that.
> >
> > Next, let's ask the user community for an opinion. After reviewing and
> > incorporating the latter we can do one more dev list discussion with the
> > last call for opinions. Next, will be the voting time. If there is a
> > feature someone from the dev list is against of removing, then we can
> start
> > a separate vote for it later. But let's get into those cases first.
> >
> > -
> > Denis
> >

> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 1:47 AM Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I propose each removal should have separated formal vote thread with
> > > consensus approval (since it is code modification).
> > >
> > > This means a single binding objection with justification is a blocker
> for
> > > removal.
> > >
> > > We need separation to let community members pick up an interesting
> topic
> > > from email subject. Not all members reading carefully each post in
> > > mile-long threads.

> > believes a
> > > removed
> > same