ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Python, Node.JS & PHP for 2.7.5
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 21:47:12 GMT
Dmitry, thanks for starting the conversation.

Generally speaking, there are two outstanding items:

   - Npm (NodeJS), pip (Python) and composer (PHP) update instructions need
   to be added to the release process page. Nuget (.NET) is a good reference
   [1]. @Alexey Kosenchuk <alexey.kosenchuk@nobitlost.com>, @Pavel
   Petroshenko <pavel@nobitlost.com> could you please help with this? I
   have a feeling you shared this instruction before, but it might have been
   lost in dev list archives. Apologize for that.
   - Python, NodeJS and PHP API Docs need to be uploaded to Ignite website
   for every release the way similar to languages like Java [2] or C++ [3]

As for the current release, have we ensured that the thin clients that are
already uploaded to npm, pip, and composer would work with 2.7.5? If the
answer is positive, then, yes, let's skip this test. Going forward, we'll
discuss decoupling of thin clients and the core.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+Process#ReleaseProcess-6.3.13.UploadNuGetpackagestonuget.org
[2] https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/index.html
[3] https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/cppdoc/index.html