ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Павлухин Иван <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brainstorm: Make TC Run All faster
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 08:14:25 GMT
Vyacheslav, Maxim,

Can we once again outline what benefits aggregated "Build Apache
Ignite" performing various checks has comparing to a modularized
approach in which separate builds perform separate tasks?

For example, modularized approach looks nice because it is similar to
good practices in software development where we separate
responsibilities between different classes instead of aggregating them
into a single class. And as usual multiple classes works together
coordinating by a class from upper level. So, in fact it is a
hierarchical structure.

Returning to "Build Apache Ignite" it seems to me that ideally it can
be hierarchical. There is a top level compilation (assembly?) job but
it is always clear what tasks does it perform (check style, check
license and other subjobs).

пт, 26 апр. 2019 г. в 17:06, Maxim Muzafarov <maxmuzaf@gmail.com>:

> Folks,
>
> +1 for merging all these suites into the single one. All these suites
> (Build Apache Ignite, Javadoc, Licenses Header, Checkstyle) required
> to be `green` all the time. So, we can consider making them a part of
> build Apache Ignite procedure.
>
> Also, I'd suggest going deeper. We can try to merge `Licenses Header`
> into the `Code style checker` [1]. This will simplify the code
> checking process.
>
> [1] http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_header.html
>
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 at 13:17, Vyacheslav Daradur <daradurvs@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ivan, you are right, I meant to combine them into one.
> >
> > Here is a build [1], with enabled profiles (check-licenses,
> > checkstyle) and check of javadoc to show the idea.
> >
> > Seems it takes ~15 minutes.
> >
> > [1] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_ExperimentalBuildApacheIgniteJavadocLicensesHeaderCheckstyle&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=<default>
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 12:06 PM Павлухин Иван <vololo100@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Hi Vyacheslav,
> > >
> > > What do you mean by uniting?
> > >
> > > For me it looks like [Javadocs] and [Check Code Style] are not so time
> > > consuming comparing to tests, are not they? Do you suggest to combine
> > > mentioned 4 jobs into one? How long will it run in a such case?

If someone

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin