ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Fedotov <ivanan...@gmail.com>
Subject IgniteConfigVariationsAbstractTest subclasses do not run
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 10:54:23 GMT
Hi, Igniters!

During work on iep-30[1] I discovered that
IgniteConfigVariationsAbstractTest subclasses - it is about 15_000 tests[2]
- do not work.
You can check it just run one of the tests with log output, for example
ConfigVariationsTestSuiteBuilderTest#LegacyLifecycleTest#test1 [3].
There is no warning notification in the console. The same situation with
other IgniteConfigVariationsAbstractTest subclasses - tests run, but they
simply represent empty code.

So, I created a ticket on such issue [4] and it turned out that the problem
is with ruleChain in IgniteConfigVariationsAbstractTest [5].
The rule that is responsible for running a test statement does not start
indeed [6] under ruleChain runRule. I suggested a solution - move testsCfg
initialization to
IgniteConfigVariationsAbstractTest#beforeTestsStarted method. After such
changes ruleChain becomes not necessary.

But I faced another problem - multiple failures on TeamCity [7]. From logs,
it seems that failures are related to what tests check, but not JUnit error.
I can not track TeamCity history on that fact were tests failed or not on
the previous JUnit version - the oldest log is dated the start of the March
when JUnit4
already was implemented (for example, this [8] test).
Moreover, there are not so much failed tests, but because of running with
multiple configurations (InterceptorCacheConfigVariationsFullApiTestSuite_0
..._95) it turns out about 400 failed tests. TeamCity results also confirm
that tests do not work in the master branch - duration time is less than
1ms. Now all tests are green and that is not surprising - under @Test
annotation, nothing happens.

Could some of us confirm or disprove my guess that tests are red because of
its functionality, but not JUnit implementation?
And if it is true, how should I take such fact into account in this ticket?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-30%3A+Migration+to+JUnit+5
[2]
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/core/src/test/java/org/apache/ignite/testsuites/InterceptorCacheConfigVariationsFullApiTestSuite.java