ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya Kumar <AdityaKu...@fico.com>
Subject Re: how to get zipkin tracing of REST calls from one microservice to all microservices calls from any task defined in apache ignite
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:31:59 GMT

Hi Team,

I was using ignite as dependecy in our application and was able to trace end to end trace
microservice calls.
Then, to let ignite handle our services in compute task, we removed all spring-boot dependencies
and created task for each service we had in our microservice.

The issue we are facing is explained using below POC done at our end.

We created a sample app where below things have been done and deployed in ignite:
1. created beans and interceptors needed to start and track zipkin and brave trace
2. craeted a task using org.apache.ignite.compute.ComputeTaskAdapter
3. registered the task in the config file used while starting ignite server

Below are the list of services(each service is exposing a REST endpoint) created to test this
scenario:
1. ms1 (spring boot app)
2. ser2 (spring mvc app having a rest endpoint to serve the incoming request)
3. ser3 (spring mvc app using Ignite ComputeTaskAdapter to serve the incoming request from
'/ignite'. used ignite's ignite-rest-http.jar to enable '/ignite' endpoint)
4. ms4 (spring boot app)
5. ms5 (spring boot app)

Then, there were two scenarios of executions:
Case1. ms1 -> ser2 -> ms4 -> ms5   ==> we get single unit of traing in zipkin
from ms1 to ms5 (i.e. ms1 -> ser2 -> ms4 -> ms5)
Case2. ms1 -> ser3 -> ms4 -> ms5   ==> we get two unit of tracing in zipkin. One
is ms1 -> ser3 and another is ser3 -> ms4 -> ms5

I need to get single unit of tracing in zipkin using Case2 execution(i.e. as we get in Case1)

The sample app (ser3) is checked-in at https://github.com/aditya2910/adzzz1/tree/master/ignite-rest-task

Any help will be appreciated.
Please let me know incase you need any more info.

Thanks,
Aditya
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended solely
for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please delete it immediately.