ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vishalan <vishalang...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Ignite pluggability and extensibility in terms of security (kerberos)
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 06:23:58 GMT
I am trying to explore the extensibility of Apache Ignite 2.7 in terms of
security configuration.
        In particular, ability to modify the authentication structure and
implement
a specific kerberos mechanism in:
                -Zookeeper Discovery
                -Internode communication
                -Ignite JDBC Thin client
                -Service Grid Requests

        I have observed that the Ignite community is really active and
passionate
in terms of contribution.
        I would really appreciate, if someone can guide me in the right
direction
in terms of existing attempts and efforts in achieving the same requirement,
if any.
        Even directing me towards proper abstraction code checkpoints and
interfaces would be a great help.

The following references seem to be relevant. I will keep adding more to
this thread as I explore more.

An old branch
        https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/ignite-kerberos

The commercial offering security extensibility
        https://docs.gridgain.com/v7.8/docs/security-and-audit

Discovery

        --org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.zk.ZookeeperDiscoverySpi
        https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/zookeeper-discovery

--org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.zk.TcpDiscoveryZookeeperIpFinder

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/tcpip-discovery#section-zookeeper-ip-finder

Node Instantiation

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/ssh/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/util/nodestart/StartNodeCallableImpl.java